As an environment Greece offers a beautiful and exciting arena to re-vitalise and motivate your work team. This, after all, is the land where ancient heroes were inspired to achieve courageous feats, great deeds and acts of endurance.
The role that team building has to play in a modern business has been well documented in recent years. Many companies have recognised that having a team of employees that works well together is not only good for staff morale but contributes to providing quality services and competitiveness in the market place.
Team building activities are a form of motivating individuals and focusing them on the task of achieving specific goals. They also have a role to play in focusing group dynamics, accommodating different personalities within a group and allowing individual’s natural skills and talents come to the fore.
Taking your work team out of its traditional environment and providing it with challenges that inspire and stimulate, provides an objective perspective from which to review existing structures and relationships. In the process, you are building a relationship on foundations of trust and respect through shared experience.
Aside from organised team building activities, the combination of great weather, good food, fantastic scenery and relaxed ambience is guaranteed to breathe fresh wind into flagging sails, and provide a rewarding experience that will endure long after the break has come to an end.
Several companies offer comprehensive itineraries featuring tried and tested team building activities, and many are happy to tailor provide a programme customised to companies’ individual needs.
The physical characteristics of Greece – beautiful, dramatic, varied – presents a host of opportunities for team building activities whether based on land or sea:
- Coasteering (various islands)
- A combination of swimming, scrambling and cliff jumping.
- Diving (Crete and various islands)
- A discipline that requires a shared sense of trust and adventure.
- Water skiing (various islands)
- A classic illustration of ‘if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.’
- Rafting (Evrytania, Central Greece)
- The thrill of conquering white water rapids in 6-12 seater inflatable rafts.
- Kayaking (River Krikelopotamos, Central Greece)
- An adrenalin fuelled chase down one of the most isolated rivers in Greece.
- Canyoning (Viniani and Vothonos gorges, Central Greece)
- An exciting combination of swimming, treking and rappelling down waterfalls.
- 4×4 safari (Central Greece)
- Take to the wilds in 4×4 vehicles and explore parts of the country that normal roads don’t reach.
- Horse riding (various mainland and island locations)
- Round up the posse, take to the saddle and hit the trail.
- Yacht crewing (Ioanian, Aegean, Cyclades, Dodecanese islands)
- A sea based challenge to crew a chartered yacht.
- Mini Olympics (Rhodes)
- An activity inspired by the feats of the country’s original athletes.
In addition to companies specialising exclusively in team building breaks, some offer combined services that include organising conference facilities and services together with a team building activity element.